In this Full-time, 40 hrs. per week role as a bookkeeper and tax preparer, you will be working on building relationships with our current client base, completing full cycle bookkeeping such as data entry of sales and receipts, preparing bank reconciliations and year end financial statements for our senior staff accountant. You take ownership of your tasks, staying updated on your clients business financials, all while working as part of an amazing team.
About the Opportunity:
- Data entry of all receipts, sales, and invoices for clients as well as going over information provided to ensure everything has been received;
- Prepare bank reconciliations for all bank accounts for clients;
- Prepare & analyze financial reports for clients, as needed;
- GST/HST return and WSIB return preparation and e-filing;
- Prepare payroll and monthly payroll remittances, as required;
- Maintain and prepare year end documentation for staff accountant to prepare corporate filings;
- Preparation of personal tax returns;
- Assist with Personal Tax Reviews and Audits;
- Respond to client enquires and maintain client relationships.
We are looking for our newest team member to possess the following skills:
- Minimum 3 years bookkeeping experience, preferably in a public practice;
- Minimum 2 years experience completing personal tax returns considered an asset;
- Certified Bookkeeper designation would be an asset;
- Proficient in Quickbooks, both the desktop and on-line version a MUST
- Experience with Excel, Word, Hubdoc, Outlook, Tax Prep and CCH engagement would be an asset;
- Good understanding of accounting principles and tax compliance;
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Values teamwork and has the ability to be professional yet relatable with clients and colleagues;
- Capable of working in a fast-paced, high-energy environment, and
- Possesses excellent customer service skills
Job Type: Full-time
Bookkeeping: 3 years (Preferred)
Tax Preparation: 2 years (Preferred)
If you are ready to join a team of likeminded individuals and want to be part of a progressive, forward thinking firm, this might be the team you have been looking for!
Email your resume to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.