Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is promising a new emergency benefit for students whose education and job prospects are disrupted by COVID-19.
What you will get
- The Canada Emergency Student benefit will be a monthly payment of $1250 per month. You must be either a current student or enrolled to start in September.
- The benefit can increase to $1,750 for people with disabilities or who care for others.
How it will help
- The Government is working to create 76,000 jobs for students this summer to help fight Covid-19.
- Students can also volunteer through Canada Student Service Grant to volunteer to work front lines for Covid-19 and earn $1000-$5000 depending on hours.
- The Government will also be doubling the grants given for the 2020/2021 school year. So whatever you received this year you will get double.
As always, we will update you with more information as it becomes available.